Das Fußball Studio - Forum

Normale Version: DFS and Windows 10
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hi all, sorry for writing in english since I don't speak german that well yet. I've been using DFS for more than 10 years now in different OS without problems, but since updating from Windows 8.1 to 10 a couple of months back I've been encountering a problem with the program. It runs without any problem but after some time it looks like it gets slower until it does not respond for a few seconds, then my screen goes black for 2-3 seconds and the image comes back. The program then runs normal for some time until it happens again. Anyone has encountered this issue before? Maybe the problem comes from my GPU and not the OS?
I think nobody can help with the information. More detailed information is required for this. Being sick is also not a diagnosis by a doctor.  Smile
Usually, DFS runs without problems on Windows 10.
Hey,

I have the same issue for several months now and that's the reason I will abandon DFS now after many years (I started using it when it still received updates, so plenty of years ago).

This issue often occurs when I hover over the round overview (the column in the bottom center between the games overview and the scorer/game details). I don't know what update created this issue (maybe Windows or NVIDIA) but it's unusable because the screen goes black every few minutes (when I hovered over the round overview multiple times) and the whole screen settings are set back like the color profile of the screen which I need to switch off and on again. Additionally it will completely crash the Browser so if I watch i.e. Netflix while being in DFS it crashes my browser completely and it takes some time to recover. I don't want to know what this issue causes in the background that I'm not aware of...what's odd is that it seems that only a few people have this error or maybe DFS is not used by many people anymore.

Can I help solving this issue/providing logs?

Greetings
Have you had your Windows version autoupdated recently? The October 2020 update might be the culprit, but since users receive it at different times, any problems will not be apparent at once.

Otherwise, troubleshoot the issue by running Windows in safe mode, disabling software that might interfere etc. DFS is usually well behaved and I have never seen it mess with other programs, let alone crash them.

As a last resort, you may want to set up a virtual machine and transfer your files there. Windows XP will be enough and can run fine with as little as 512 MB RAM allocated.
I've been experiencing the same issue even in my new PC (also with Windows 10). I'm still using my old GPU so it might be a problem either with W10 (in wich case many more people would be affected I suppose) or with the GPU drivers (a GTX 1050Ti).
The issue is as the other user states: the screen goes black for a few seconds, and other applications like Google Chrome or Discord also crash and have to use the Task Manager to kill the process and open them again.
To be honest since this problem started I've been using DFS only to add the results and line-ups of my local team every monday. I've been using it for over a decade and have a big spanish Database with results since 1928 that can't update because the problems keeps repeating every now and then.
I have excactly the same OS (Windows 10) and GPU (GeForce GTX 1050Ti always updated with the latest driver) and never experienced such problems so it might be another combination in your system.
It's a completly new system, the only thing in common is the GPU, yet the problem still appears. 
In my old PC it started when I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 last october, I had been using this same GPU for some time before without an issue, so I think W10 is the culprit here. 
I've tried running DFS in compatibility mode too, but the problem persists.
quick update about it. after buying a new GPU (GTX 3060) the problem is gone.
(26.08.2022, 11:33)josevd schrieb: [ -> ]quick update about it. after buying a new GPU (GTX 3060) the problem is gone.

Then you probably had a fundamental problem with the old GPU. Because the studio has no special requirements for it.