CPU for DFS?
Having received my tax return Big Grin I am planning to buy a new CPU and motherboard to replace the worn AMD Athlon 1800+ that I have used for almost three years.

Since the main use of this CPU will be working with DFS, I'd like to ask what CPUs do you use and what is their efficiency when working with large databases such as dfs.vmd. Here a couple benchmark examples for my current configuration:

Opening dfs.vmd - 16 s
Spiele > Torschützen > 2. Bundesliga + alle Mannschaften + alle Saisons - 37 s
Spielplan > prüfen ein - 27 s (for a 34 rounds season)
Spieler und Trainer verwalten - ALLE - 26 s
Dublietten Suchen > Spieler/Trainer - 22 s

Of course defragmentation is an issue with large DBs, but I have not defragmented the file so as to simulate typical conditions.

If you could run the above tests and state the results, I would have an idea of what I can gain by improving the CPU.
Moin moin,

on my laptop with Intel Pentium M processor 1.80GHz, also without previous defragmentation:

Opening dfs.vmd - 9 s
Spieler > Torschützen > 2. Bundesliga + alle Mannschaften + alle Saisons - 33 s
Spielplan > prüfen ein - 13 s (for a 34 rounds season)
Spieler und Trainer verwalten - ALLE - 4 s
Dublietten Suchen > Spieler/Trainer - 13 s

Since my tower is under reconstruction at the moment Big Grin, I have no possibility to provide you with other figures til next week.

Mfg Michael

P. S.: I must declare that I'm slightly surprised about the various differences between our figures, considering the equal frequency of our CPUs. Although the figures provided are those measured during the first call of the respective function - a following call of the same function is much faster than the preceeding one. :o
I have an AMD Athlon 64 with 2.11 Ghz x2 and the following times:

Opening dfs.vmd - 9 s
Spieler > Torschützen > 2. Bundesliga + alle Mannschaften + alle Saisons - 26 s
Spielplan > prüfen ein - 12 s (for a 34 rounds season)
Spieler und Trainer verwalten - ALLE - 7 s
Dublietten Suchen > Spieler/Trainer - 9 s

I'm, very surprised about the clear differences between the PCs... ??? Michael, are you sure you don't hava a Core2Duo processor? Because I have and there are little differences between our times.
[Bild: s04.gif]
I have decided on an Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 (2,6 GHz). I'll have the computer assembled next weekend.
And there it is. What an improvement!

Opening dfs.vmd - 7 s
Spiele > Torschützen > 2. Bundesliga + alle Mannschaften + alle Saisons - 16 s
Spielplan > prüfen ein - 8 s (for a 34 rounds season)
Spieler und Trainer verwalten - ALLE - 4 s
Dublietten Suchen > Spieler/Trainer - 6 s

And that's with DFS's largest database.

O0 O0 O0

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste